Shimano Deore XT Rear Derailleur - M8100 Series
12-speed - 1x12s
Average weight: 284g
For whatever environments you ride in, Deore XT continues to deliver race-proven, reliable performance. The latest M8100 series derailleurs are lightweight and come with the silkiest up and down shifting... ever.
- HYPERGLIDE+ drivetrain system enables smooth, quick, quiet and shockless shifting in both directions - no more *thoonk* when dropping the chain to smaller sprockets.
- Faster shifting - gear change time reduced by ~33% vs. HG drivetrains.
- Less shifting shock means smoother, more efficient pedaling when it's needed most.
- SHIMANO SHADOW RD+ chain stabilizing system (clutch):
- keeps chain taut, reducing both noise and damage to chainstay
- is lighter and more efficient than roller chain-guide systems
- toggles on and off for easier maintenance.
- Single screw clutch tension adjuster makes fine tuning quick and easy.
- Reduced chain tension in low gear chain position (on large sprocket) ensures a silent drivetrain in all gears.
- Hidden away, low-profile design helps avoid derailleur damage.
- Features a larger, 13T pulley with a new bumper to help further dampen any chain sound.
- Bumper structure at rear derailleur pulley cage reduces impact shock by absorbing chain impact on aggressive terrain.
SHIMANO SHADOW RD+
Sealed Pulley Bearings
XT has long been a favourite choice among serious MTB riders. The M8100 derailleurs don't aim to change that, delivering all of Shimano's current features in the product category.
Keep in mind:
Compatible cassettes employ a MICRO SPLINE rear hub mount (freehub body).